Monday, January 8, 2018

New Possibilities is Back!


It has been a long time since I have written a blog post. I have been suffering from a different type of writer’s block. It is not like there aren't plenty of topics to write about. I could write about Oprah’s Golden Globes speech or the fiasco called the Trump Administration.

Unfortunately, instead of writing, I often go the easy route and post YouTube videos. Initially, I got on YouTube primarily to promote my written blog.  Sadly, I allowed myself to be seduced and consumed by YouTube.  I ended up virtually abandoning my written blog.

On YouTube, I have over 5,000 subscribers. When I post videos, I receive many positive and negative comments and feedback. The dialogue is immediate, engaging, dynamic, rewarding and fulfilling.  Occasionally, I receive a few Ad Sense, PayPal and Superchat dollars for videos. My passion for the subject matter and my sense of being appreciate inspire me to regularly post videos.

On the other hand, when I do written blog posts, I do not receive the same kind of instant gratification and appreciation. Often, I post blog articles and receive zero comments. Sometimes, I feel like that proverbial tree that falls in the forest and no one sees or hears it. In my mind, it like my blog does not exist. It is like a figment of my imagination.  I receive no revenue from this written blog. For those reasons, I just have not been inspired to write.

However, that changes today. Although I will continue to do YouTube videos, I am returning to my foundation. One of my New Year’s resolutions is to write again. That begins today. I plan to substantially expand my audience here. I plan to write at least once a week.  I will let my focus and discipline drive me. 

By the way, I am looking for new contributors who have a passion for writing, social justice and black empowerment. So put the word out. New Possibilities is back in business, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment