Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy



Kanye West's new cd, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, lives up to the hype. The beats are amazing. The production is incredible. The lyrics are a brilliant mixture of unbridled arrogance, swagger, debauchery, humor, irreverence and self depreciation.

The opening track, Dark Fantasy, sets the stage for this masterpiece. I'm not a big Nicki Minaj fan but her brief intro on Dark Fantasy works. My favorite tracks are Dark Fantasy, Gorgeous, Power, All of the Lights, Runaway, etc. Hell, I dig most of the songs on the cd. The only joint that I'm not feeling is Monster.

Other guest artists include The RZA, Raekwon, KID CuDI, Jay Z, Swizz Beats, Rick Ross, Pusha T, Rihanna and John Legend. The last two tracks feature legendary poet Gil Scott-Heron. Chris Rock's skit is hilarious; it had me cracking up! He took it to another level.

No comments:

Post a Comment